VITALITY'S COMMUNICATION & RESPONSE TO COVID-19
We remain 100% committed to limiting exposure to our residents, families and team members. Due to this commitment, we are maintaining our current protocols and are asking families to be patient and understanding that we will continue to be closed to visitors for the near future. As things open locally, we are asking our team members to use caution and to respect social distancing, hand washing and limiting personal exposure while not at work.
We continue to follow the guidelines to minimize risk of exposure for residents and team members.
To read the letter to our families regarding the COVID-19 vaccine as of December 11, please click here.
An Update from
Founder & CEO
Vitality Living is continuing to follow infection control protocols and, per CMS restrictions outlined during the March 13th Presidential Address, is suspending non-essential visitation. The strategy as outlined:
COVID-19 testing provided
- New move-ins are tested 72 hours prior to move-in date
- Current residents exhibiting potential symptoms
- Team members/staff exhibiting potential symptoms and/or potential exposure
- Potential new team members tested before start date
- All new residents required to shelter in their apartment for the first seven days of residency
What we’re doing for our residents
- Limited engagement to small groups and in settings where 6 feet of distance between individuals can be maintained
- Dining restrictions
- In Assisted Living and Independent living – all dining limited to apartments
- In Memory Care, dining areas set-up to accommodate social distancing of 6 feet between individuals
- Self-isolating all new move-ins
- Multiple daily temperature checks for all residents
- Providing daily updates via Facebook
- Scheduling FaceTime/ Skype sessions for residents and families
What we’re doing for team member protocol
- Allowing only essential individuals, those providing needed essential care for our residents. This protocol remains in place until further notice.
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease environmental contamination.
- Team members providing direct care wear masks.
- All team members equipped with proper PPE in the event of a positive COVID-19 case.
- Ask team members to complete the screening questionnaire, have temperature taken, and oxygen saturation daily
- Strict adherence to CDC hand washing and hand sanitizer guidelines
- Frequent sanitization of all common areas and surfaces
For more information, please view our latest news post
Senior living communities and nursing homes are completely different but many confuse them. Learn why and how senior living is better prepared for COVID-19.
As senior living communities navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, here are some measures Vitality Living is taking to protect residents, families & team members.
With seniors at high risk for COVID-19, keeping loved ones safe now means distancing ourselves from them. But there are still ways to support them. See how.
Seniors are at high risk for COVID-19, but advice on protecting yourself can be vague. Learn specific health & wellness tips in this blog post.
Frequently Asked Questions
Anyone entering the building (including team members) must complete a health screening questionnaire, have their temperature taken at the door, and take an oxygen saturation test.
As of June 25, all residents and team members at all Vitality Living communities have been tested proactively at least once. Residents and team members are screened multiple times per day for symptoms as well. COVID-19 tests are administered using state and CDC testing guidelines for assisted living (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/assisted-living.html). In the event of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, residents and their designated emergency contacts will be notified directly.
We are adhering to state mandates and CDC guidelines for testing in assisted living communities (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/assisted-living.html). We are continuing daily screenings for symptoms and are taking great care to protect our residents and staff from COVID-19.
Screenings are taking place multiple times per day and anyone with suspected COVID-19 is tested in accordance with state and CDC guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/assisted-living.html).
All team members and residents are retested. Any staff member who tests positive is directed to self-quarantine for 14 days and is retested after this period. The person will be able to return to work after two negative tests in a row. We follow our processes and procedures to isolate residents if they test positive or are showing symptoms, and they are also retested following quarantine. Each apartment is its own ecosystem with its own heating and air—making isolation easier to manage for our residents.
Some states are lifting some COVID-19 state restrictions. We remain 100% committed to limiting exposure to our residents, family members, and team members. Due to this commitment, we are maintaining our current protocols and are asking families to be patient and understanding that we will continue to be closed to visitors for the near future.
Not at this time. Our number one priority is the safety of our residents, families and team members. Unfortunately, this means taking measures like limiting non-essential visits.
We are committed to keeping our residents, family members and loved ones informed during the COVID-19 developments. Until we are able to lift our visitation restrictions, we will be hosting a daily Facebook Live to share most recent updates about how we are responding and to address questions.
Yes. We can schedule Skype and FaceTime sessions to keep you connected.
No. We are practicing social distancing and providing room service for all meals.
Residents trips out of the community are limited to urgent medical visits only.
No. Emergency services only. Our number one priority is resident safety.
Follow these instructions to access the Facebook Live events each day at 10 a.m. of the community’s time zone.
- Start by making sure you have ‘Liked’ the Facebook page. To do so, open the Facebook profile page for your family member’s community. Tap or click the Like button at the top of the page. This will automatically set you to start following. You’ll receive updates on your News Feed whenever we start broadcasting.
- Find a live video to watch in your News Feed. When people you follow and your friends are streaming live video, you’ll see it show up in your News Feed.
- Comments that you type will be visible to the audience/Executive Director, allowing them to respond to them in real time.
- Tap or click the “Share” button to share the live broadcast with other people.
- When we finish broadcasting live, an archive of that recording remains on our timeline. You can browse through the timeline to find older broadcasts. Once you find an old Live broadcast, a playlist of all the old broadcasts will be loaded.