VITALITY'S COMMUNICATION & RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Vitality Living is monitoring COVID-19 updates and has plans in place to react swiftly if the virus would impact our community.
A Message from President & CEO
A Message from RVP of Wellness
Renee Powell, RN-BC, CDP, QCP, CDONA/LTC
A Message from VP of Engagement
Vitality Living is continuing to follow infection control protocols and, per CMS restrictions outlined during the March 13th Presidential Address, is suspending non-essential visitation. The strategy as outlined:
- Allowing only essential visitors, those providing needed essential care for our residents
- Essential visitors are screened via COVID-19 questionnaire and temperature is taken
- Anyone answering yes to any question is prohibited from visiting
- No one under the age of 18 may enter the community
- Residents’ and team members’ temperatures checked daily
- No outside pets allowed
- Frequent hand hygiene with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water, washing for at least 20 seconds.
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease environmental contamination.
- Standard precautions, such as wearing masks, gloves and gowns as situations warrant their use.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Our number one priority is the safety of our residents, families, and team members. Unfortunately, this means taking measures like limiting non essential visits.
We are committed to keeping our residents, family members and loved ones informed during the COVID-19 developments. Until we are able to lift our visitation restrictions, we will be hosting a daily webinar to share most recent updates about how we are responding to managing through these difficult times, to give updates on how your loved one are doing, and answer questions you may have.
Yes. We can schedule Skype and FaceTime sessions to keep you connected.
No. We are practicing social distancing.
Residents trips out of the community are limited to urgent, medical visits only.
At this time, we are allowing essential visitors only if they answer no to all questions on the COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
Essential individuals are screened via COVID-19 questionnaire. Individuals answering yes to any question are prohibited from entering community. You can find it here.
Follow these instructions to access the Facebook Live events each day at 10 a.m. of the community’s time zone.
- Start by making sure you have ‘Liked’ the Facebook page. To do so, open the Facebook profile page for your family member’s community. Tap or click the Like button at the top of the page. This will automatically set you to start following. You’ll receive updates on your News Feed whenever we start broadcasting.
- Find a live video to watch in your News Feed. When people you follow and your friends are streaming live video, you’ll see it show up in your News Feed.
- Comments that you type will be visible to the audience/Executive Director, allowing them to respond to them in real time.
- Tap or click the “Share” button to share the live broadcast with other people.
- When we finish broadcasting live, an archive of that recording remains on our timeline. You can browse through the timeline to find older broadcasts. Once you find an old Live broadcast, a playlist of all the old broadcasts will be loaded.