Although some states are easing COVID-19 restrictions, we remain 100% committed to limiting exposure to our residents, family members, and team members. Due to this commitment, we are maintaining our current protocols and are asking families to be patient and understanding that we will continue to be closed to visitors for the near future. As things open locally, we are asking our team members to use caution and to respect social distancing, hand washing and limiting personal exposure while not at work.
We continue to follow the guidelines to minimize risk of exposure for residents and team members.
COVID-19 testing provided
- New move-ins are tested 72 hours prior to move-in date and on day 7 after move-in
- New residents are asked to shelter in their apartments until after the second COVID-19 test is negative
- Current residents exhibiting potential symptoms
- Team members/staff exhibiting potential symptoms and/or potential exposure
- Potential new team members tested before start date
In addition, oxygen saturation testing for all residents and team members began on Monday, May 18th. Resident oxygen levels will be tested when temperature is taken. Team members will have theirs tested once daily.
What we are doing for our residents
- Oxygen saturation testing begins week of May 18
- Limited engagement to small groups and in settings where 6 feet of distance between individuals can be maintained. Asking residents to wear masks when out of their apartments.
- In Assisted Living and Independent living – beginning to reintroduce limited distanced-dining and continue room service in apartments
- In Memory Care, dining areas set-up to accommodate social distancing of 6 feet between individuals
- Multiple daily temperature checks for all residents
- Scheduling FaceTime/ Skype sessions for residents and families
What we are doing for team member protocol
- Oxygen saturation testing once daily
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease environmental contamination.
- Team members providing direct care wear PPE.
- All team members are equipped with proper PPE in the event of a positive COVID-19 case.
- Team members complete the screening questionnaire and have temperature taken daily
- Strict adherence to CDC hand washing and hand sanitizer guidelines
The steps outlined above will stay in place for the near future for the well-being of our residents.
Vitality Living will continue to closely monitor this situation and adjust policies and practices as set by state and federal officials. Please continue to work with the Executive Director at the community to schedule video and phone calls to connect with your loved ones. Additionally, we continue to post videos, photos, and other updates on each community’s Facebook page daily. We celebrate our teams, the resilience of our residents, and the positive outlooks that keep us motivated.
Founder & CEO