Updated April 10, 2020
The Coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) continues to evolve throughout the country. We remain 100% committed to limiting exposure to our residents, families and team members. Over the past several weeks our teams have worked diligently to implement protocols, maintain high quality of care, communicate with residents and families and maintain high morale amongst the team members and residents.
We continue to follow these guidelines to minimize risk of exposure for residents and team members.
COVID-19 testing provided
- Moving toward new move-ins: 72 hours prior to move in date
- Current residents: exhibiting potential symptoms
- Team members/staff: exhibiting potential symptoms and/or potential exposure
- Potential new team members tested before start date
What we’re doing for our residents
- Limited engagement to small groups and in settings where 6 feet of distance between individuals can be maintained
- Dining restrictions
- In Assisted Living and Independent living – all dining limited to apartments
- In Memory Care, dining areas set-up to accommodate social distancing of 6-feet between individuals
- Self-isolating all new move-ins
- Multiple daily temperature checks for all residents
- Providing daily updates via Facebook
- Scheduling FaceTime/ Skype sessions for residents and families
What we’re doing for team member protocol
- Allowing only essential individuals, those providing needed essential care for our residents. This protocol remains in place until further notice.
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease environmental contamination.
- All team members wear PPE such as masks, gloves, and gowns while in resident areas of the community.
- Complete screening questionnaire and have temperature taken daily
- Strict adherence to CDC hand washing and hand sanitizer guidelines
- Frequent sanitization of all common areas and surfaces
The steps outlined above will stay in place until state and federal guidelines (CMS) lift restrictions. Vitality Living will continue to closely monitor this situation and adjust policies and practices as set by state and federal officials.
We understand that limiting visits and contact with your loved ones can be difficult. Please continue to work with the Executive Director at the community to schedule video and phone calls to connect with your loved ones. Additionally, you can find videos, photos and other updates on each community’s Facebook page. Each day we celebrate our teams, the resilience of our residents and the positive outlooks that keep us motivated.
Thank you in advance for supporting our protocols in and assisting with keeping our residents, families, and team members safe.
President & CEO