As we head into May, some of the restrictions due to COVID-19 are being lifted in Tennessee. We remain 100% committed to limiting exposure to our residents, families and team members. Due to this commitment, we are maintaining our current protocols and are asking families to be patient and understanding that we will continue to be closed to visitors for the near future. As things open locally, we are asking our team members to use caution and to respect social distancing, hand washing and limiting personal exposure while not at work.
We continue to follow the guidelines to minimize risk of exposure for residents and team members.
COVID-19 testing provided
- New move-ins are tested 72 hours prior to move-in date
- Current residents exhibiting potential symptoms
- Team members/staff exhibiting potential symptoms and/or potential exposure
- Potential new team members tested before start date
What we’re doing for our residents
- Limited engagement to small groups and in settings where 6 feet of distance between individuals can be maintained
- Dining restrictions
- In Assisted Living and Independent living – all dining limited to apartments
- In Memory Care, dining areas set-up to accommodate social distancing of 6 feet between individuals
- Self-isolating all new move-ins
- Multiple daily temperature checks for all residents
- Providing daily updates via Facebook
- Scheduling FaceTime/ Skype sessions for residents and families
What we are doing for team member protocol
- Allowing only essential individuals, those providing needed essential care for our residents. This protocol remains in place until further notice.
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease environmental contamination.
- Team members providing direct care wear masks.
- All team members equipped with proper PPE in the event of a positive COVID-19 case.
- Ask team members to complete the screening questionnaire and have temperature taken daily
- Strict adherence to CDC hand washing and hand sanitizer guidelines
- Frequent sanitization of all common areas and surfaces
The steps outlined above will stay in place for the near future for the well-being of our residents. Vitality Living will continue to closely monitor this situation and adjust policies and practices as set by state and federal officials.
We understand that limiting visits and contact with your loved ones can be difficult. Please continue to work with the Executive Director at the community to schedule video and phone calls to connect with your loved ones. Additionally, you can find videos, photos and other updates on each community’s Facebook page. Each day we celebrate our teams, the resilience of our residents and the positive outlooks that keep us motivated.
Thank you in advance for supporting our protocols in and assisting with keeping our residents, families, and team members safe.
President & CEO