Merriam Webster defines retirement as a “withdrawal from active working life.” But notice how it doesn’t say anything about slowing down in other aspects of your life? That’s because retirement is meant to give you the freedom to stay active so you can now enjoy doing what you truly love to do! And it’s not just freedom from your 9 to 5 job – you deserve to be free of home responsibilities too. Active adult retirement living can help you do just that. Here’s how.
What is Active Adult Retirement Living?
Quite simply, active adult retirement living is a lifestyle for those who are ready to say goodbye to their honey-do list and instead spend their time enjoying favorite interests, hobbies and passions while also exploring new opportunities. We consider our active adult retirement communities the home base for all those adventures. They are purpose-built for ease of living and offer a range of options to learn, grow and have fun as well as just the right blend of privacy and community. Plus, our communities are age-defined, which means all residents must be 55 and older.
Benefits of Active Adult Retirement Living
Now that you know what it is, these benefits can help you decide if active adult retirement living is right for you.
- A maintenance-free lifestyle filled with amenities – Never change a light bulb again or do yard chores or clean the house because services such as housekeeping, maintenance, meals, life engagement, and transportation are included in your monthly rent with us. As are amenities like dining venues that include a bistro, pub and restaurant, concierge services, pool, library, dog park, and walking trails on beautiful grounds.
- Your choice of housing options – From suites or villas to a number of bedrooms to whether you’d like an attached garage, you can choose the options and layout that fits you best. In our communities, you can’t go wrong with upscale finishes, premium flooring, high ceilings, ample storage, and large windows to let in plenty of light.
- A focus on wellbeing – Make sure you stay energized and active with health and wellbeing services, state-of-the-art fitness centers, yoga and tai chi classes, and even onsite spa and salon experiences. Not to mention our communities also feature a delicious, yet well-balanced diet with chef-created meals that use fresh, locally-grown ingredients.
- It’s easier to stay connected and fulfilled – You’ll enjoy an ever-changing monthly calendar filled with social activities, outings, classes, and clubs as well as opportunities to serve, teach or share your experiences with others. Plus, we offer formal services, meditation, and time in nature to keep you connected to your spiritual side as well.
- More convenience – Active adult retirement communities are specifically located in the center of it all, with easy access to the services you use every day, the shopping, recreation, and entertainment you want and perhaps even to your family and friends. Our active adult retirement communities are located in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi, so you’re sure to find a location near you. What’s more, each location has a unique identity that fits the personality of the city or town in which they are located!
Check out our Active Adult Decision Guide to learn more. Or, contact us today to schedule your virtual tour!