First let me say that as of today, the Vitality Living communities remain COVID-19 free.
As we head into the middle of May, some states are lifting some COVID-19 state restrictions. However, due to our 100% commitment to keep residents, family members, and team members safe, our no visitor policy will remain in place for the near future.
We appreciate your continued support and understand that not being able to visit is very difficult.
As things open locally, we are asking our team members to use caution and to respect social distancing, hand washing and limiting personal exposure while not at work.
COVID-19 testing provided
- New move-ins are tested 72 hours prior to move-in date
- Current residents exhibiting potential symptoms
- Team members/staff exhibiting potential symptoms and/or potential exposure
- Potential new team members tested before start date
addition, oxygen saturation testing for all residents and team members will
begin on Monday, May 18th.
Resident oxygen levels will be tested when temperature is taken. Team members will have theirs tested once
What we are doing for our residents
- Oxygen saturation testing begins week of May 18
- Limited engagement to small groups and in settings where 6 feet of distance between individuals can be maintained
- Dining protocol
- In Assisted Living and Independent living – all dining limited to apartments
- In Memory Care, dining areas set-up to accommodate social distancing of 6 feet between individuals
- Multiple daily temperature checks for all residents
- Scheduling FaceTime/ Skype sessions for residents and families
What we are doing for team member protocol
- Oxygen saturation testing once daily
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease environmental contamination.
- Team members providing direct care wear PPE.
- All team members are equipped with proper PPE in the event of a positive COVID-19 case.
- Team members complete the screening questionnaire and have temperature taken daily
- Strict adherence to CDC hand washing and hand sanitizer guidelines
The steps outlined above will stay in place for the near future for the well-being of our residents.
Vitality Living will continue to closely monitor this situation and adjust policies and practices as set by state and federal officials. Please continue to work with the Executive Director at the community to schedule video and phone calls to connect with your loved ones. Additionally, we continue to post videos, photos, and other updates on each community’s Facebook page daily.
We celebrate our teams, the resilience of our residents and the positive outlooks that keep us motivated.
Thank you in advance for supporting our continued protocols and assisting with keeping our residents, families, and team members safe.
President & CEO